Setting up Openfiler 2.99 iSCSI Storage
I have been playng around with ESXi lately and to take advantage of it’s more advanced features I had to set up shared stoarge. I have hard good things about Opnefiler and they just released a new version 2.99 which is pretty simple to set up. In the below guide I will provide steps how to add iSCSI shared stoarge to an ESXi 5 server.
Let’s get started
1. Click on Configuration TAB then on Storage Adapters, now right click on the right-side and choose Add iSCSI Adapter
2. Click OK
3. Right-click ont he newly added software iSCSI and choose Properties
4. Click on Dynamic Discovery TAB and type in your iSCSI Server ip address. and click OK and close this Window.
5. Once you close the Window click Yes to re-scan the adapters
6. Click on Configuration TAB then select Storage on left side and click on Add Storage
7. Click Next
8. Select a datastore to use
9. Select the filesystem to use.
10. Click Next
11. Select the name for the iSCSI storage and click on Next.
12. Continue with the wizard and click on Finish
13. Your iSCSI storage should be all set up.